cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K 32-bit 6.4.2 1000BaseSX Negotiate Auto

philclemens1835
Level 1
Level 1

We have a number of situations where we are interfacing with CE's using 1000BaseSX (both SFP-GE-S and GLC-SX-MMD).  It's not the case every time, but there also doesn't appear to be much of a pattern.  I'm curious as to why this command would be required on 1000BaseSX in any case.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we are not sure what command you referring to here, if you referring to auto-negotiation - most cases used different edge equipment connected from different vendors. as per my experience, we do always

no negotiation auto

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

philclemens1835
Level 1
Level 1

That's the command.  Thought more about this, and the most recent situation is more interesting.  Here's the layout:

PE(ASR9K) -1000BaseSX- AT&T DWDM - AT&T DWDM -1000BaseLX- CE(ASR1K)

In this case I had up/up on my 1000BaseSX connection to AT&T.  However, the CE side was down/down, although both sides were receiving light.  Once I added "negotiation auto" to my side (PE), the CE side came up.  It's as if the command initiates a different link pulse.  Again, my connection to AT&T's Ciena was up/up already, so it's not like I had to issue this command to bring up my local link to them.

I simply want to understand this better.