Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K CGN very low speed

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

Dear all,

I am testing  ASR9K CGN. Although most applications are working fine, browsing is way  below expected...an alarming 3Mb download on a Gigabit port.

My test set up is as follows: pc--PE--CGN(vrf inside)--CGN(outside)--PE(global)--MPLS cloud--Internet

PE is actually same node, and has 2 links to CGN ASR. on inside which is an mpls vrf, outside  is in global. QOS is trust dscp on PE ports and layer 1 is ok.

extended pings are 100%, not really sure where bottleneck is.

CGN stats do not show any drops.

DNS is fine.

Any thougts ?

TIA

/Samir

4 Replies 4

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

I have configured an MPLS vpn as a vrf inside, as all traffic destined for natting is in an MPLS VPN already.

rsi_agent[315]: %LICENSE-ASR9K_LICENSE-2-INFRA_VRF_NEEDED : 2 VRF(s) are configured without a valid license / license configuration for A9K-iVRF-LIC in violation of the Software Right To Use Agreement. This feature may be disabled by the system without the appropriate license. Contact Cisco to purchase the license immediately to avoid potential service interruption. 

Could this be the reason why I am experiencing limited BW ? if a licence is missing or invalid, I expect config would not be allowed, let alone work with limited capabilities.

/Samir

When adding licence to ASR I am getting this message:

Error: License command "license add tftp://213.167.97.41/images/ASR9K/FOX1631GVJ1_20121019000331294.lic sdr Owner" failed

so far cannot find explanation or troubleshooting info on this, will keep looking.

Hi Samir,

the presence of (or in this case, the lack of) licence can not be responsible of the symptoms you are experiencing.

Please raise a case at the TAC for proper tracking of your issue,

Best regards,

N.

Thanks Nicolas ,

TAC has been raised, and good news is that both my config for CGN PE as well as how traffic gets to vrf inside interface are correct .

I still cant get my around how can both vrf and cgn work without feature licences.

Looking forward to see what TAC finds out. Meanwhile any pointers would be great help !

Samir

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: