Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K downgrade cepki error

morabban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

I downgraded ASR9K from 6.0.2 to 5.3.3. Now i have following error. Can someone please advise how can i get rid of them?

RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Apr 13 12:41:58.376 : sysmgr[95]: %OS-SYSMGR-3-ERROR : cepki(1) (jid 163) exited, will be respawned with a delay (slow-restart)  

RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Apr 13 12:41:58.377 : sysmgr[95]: %OS-SYSMGR-3-ERROR : cepki(163) (fail count 70) will be respawned in 120 seconds 

Regards,

Fawad.

4 Replies 4

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Fawad,

what was the reason for downgrading to 5.3.3? If you want to stay on 5.3.x, our recommendation is 5.3.4.

The error that you see was very likely caused by the fact that during the downgrade the system the clock defaulted to Jan 1 1980 due to the lack of NTP. This was fixed in 5.3.4 through CSCuy53266. There is a workaround as well.

regards,

/Aleksandar

5.3.3 is my company's approved version. I cant do anything other then 5.3.3. I manually fixed the clock but the error was still there.

--

Regards,

Fawad.

hi Fawad,

have you tried with "clock update-calendar"?

Our XR release recommendation is documented here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/13212901/ios-xr-release-strategy-and-deployment-recommendation.

We will keep this page up to date as the new releases are coming out. It would be very good to align in the future your company's approved release with our recommendation. We'll be happy to work with you on this through your account team at Cisco.

regards,

/Aleksandar

Hello All,

I ran into the similar problem as after turboboot clock defaulted to 1987. I set the clock manually and it did the trick. I can generate the Crypto key as well and CEPKI error stopped as well.

Thanks,

Amit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: