Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K RSP440 1588 port configuration

carlos.bustios
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to configure the 1588 - PTP 10/100Mbps Ethernet port of the RSP440s?

I'm trying to configure it on an ASR9K with IOS XR 4.3.2 but I don't even find this interface  using the "sh run all-interfaces" command, I also don't see it in the port-parameters options of clock-interfaces configuration.

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

CB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Carlos,

there is no software suport yet for that port on the RSP440. It's reserved for future use.

If there is a particular use case scenario that you are interested in, please work through your account team.

Regards,

Aleksandar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Aleksandar,

Not in this case, I couldn't find on this document a way or guide of how to specifically configure the RJ45 interface labeled as “1588” on the RSP440s.

Regards,

CB

Hi Carlos,

there is no software suport yet for that port on the RSP440. It's reserved for future use.

If there is a particular use case scenario that you are interested in, please work through your account team.

Regards,

Aleksandar

Hi Aleksandar,

Ok, thanks for your time and help, I also thought the same and I was checking the latest IOS XR (5.1/5.1.1) release notes but I didn't find any news about this 1588 port at this time.

Best regards,

CB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: