cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BFD between ASR9001 IOS XR and ACI border leaf (4.2(6d)

csco10260962
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone setup a working BFD session between cisco ACI and an IOS XR 9K for a directely connected EBGP peer via routed sub interfaces ? min int 50 multiplier 3 on both ACI and on IOS XR. IBGP with BFD between 2 ios xr routers connected to two different border leafs work in multipod setup. IBGP is formed on the loppback addresses. EBPG connection from IOS XR to the border leaf is also up. But as soon as i enable BFD on the bgp l3out and peer connection profile to the XR router and i enable bfd fastdetect under the neighbor config the ebgp session starts flapping because of bfd dampening. Logging shows BFD echo request fails but ping between ACI and IOS XR interfaces works.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

csco10260962
Level 1
Level 1

After some testing i got this working :

On IOS XR i had to add the following config for example :
bfd
interface TenGigE0/0/1/0.3607 echo ipv4 source 10.14.0.12
and i had to do that for each uplink from ios xr router to the aci leafs.
And then after enabling bfd fastdetect under the ACI neighbor and also enabling bfd under the bgp peer connectivity profile the bfd session stayed stable and didn't flap constant from up to down.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

csco10260962
Level 1
Level 1

After some testing i got this working :

On IOS XR i had to add the following config for example :
bfd
interface TenGigE0/0/1/0.3607 echo ipv4 source 10.14.0.12
and i had to do that for each uplink from ios xr router to the aci leafs.
And then after enabling bfd fastdetect under the ACI neighbor and also enabling bfd under the bgp peer connectivity profile the bfd session stayed stable and didn't flap constant from up to down.