Views
Helpful
Replies
ivanov.arseniy
Beginner

CBC alarms from 0/FT0/SP

Hello, community

I see these strange (ungooglable) error logs on ASR-9010:

RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Aug 11 15:30:36.923 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_INDICATION : Raise alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Aug 11 15:30:36.927 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_INDICATION : Raise alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME
RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Aug 11 15:31:37.922 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_CLEARED : Clear alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Aug 11 15:31:37.927 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_CLEARED : Clear alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME
RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Aug 11 15:49:55.945 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_INDICATION : Raise alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Aug 11 15:49:55.950 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_INDICATION : Raise alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME
RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Aug 11 15:50:56.944 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_CLEARED : Clear alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Aug 11 15:50:56.950 : canb-server[149]: %PLATFORM-CANB_SERVER-3-ALARM_CLEARED : Clear alarm from CBC in slot 0/FT1/SP, alarm code CBC_ALRM_SLOT_ID_CHANGED_RUNTIME

Do you guys know what is wrong with my fans? Thanks a lot for your time.

Best regards, Arseniy S. Ivanov
7 REPLIES 7
Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee

hi Arseniy,

these messages indicate a potential contact issue between the fan and the backplane. Can you try to reseat the fan?

Aleksandar

Sure, i'll do that and will post back with the result. Thanks.

It can also be that the cbc revision between RP and fantray is out of rev, you could check the

admin show hw-module fpd all loc all to see if there are CBC's to be updated.

it is the i2c bus, which can be reset after the update so no reload is necessary after this rev change.

cheers

xander

Thanks, Alexander

The output of the command you mention above shows that the only FPD that need an upgrade is 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0/3/CPU0     A9K-8T-L                   1.0   lc   fpga1   0       1.03     No
                                              lc   fpga2   0       0.11     No
                                              lc   cbc     0       6.07     Yes
                                              lc   cpld2   0       0.08     No
                                              lc   cpld1   0       1.02     No
                                              lc   cpld3   0       0.03     No
                                              lc   cpld4   0       1.03     No
                                              lc   rommon  0       1.03     No
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did some more research on this.

the FanTray can signal this via the cbc in its alarm register. it is bit 0 that signals that.

the cbc for the LC needs to be updated. far from left field it could be that the LC is sending a message over I2C that gets interpreted as from the FP possibly and results in that bit0 being set printing this alarm.

Considering that it flips constantly and of all the known cases it was resolved with a reboot or reseat, so I think at this point Aleks' suggestion is the only reasonalbe things left to try :).

But please do update the CBC also for all lc's/devices that are in your system.

cheers!

xander

@xthuijs should I reseat the fan tray?

yes that is good first try, also check the cbc version and update it if needed

cheers!

xander