cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Carlos A. Silva
Participant

[cgse] adding new pools for growth

Hi, CSC:

I'm looking for advice for adding new pools on a single CGSE on a CRS.

My setup (working) is as follows:
- single cgse on a 5.1.3 CRS

- nat44
- abf
- single inside vrf and single outside vrf (default vrf)
- single map address-pool, at this point

i was looking at the documentation and, only starting with XR 5.2, the configuration guide explicitly says that adding 'multiple' pools for nat44 is supported. So here are a few questions:

- is adding multiple address pools to a single inside vrf supported (only) starting with XR 5.2 or can i do this in 5.1?
- i'm assuming multiple pool support means: add several 'map address-pools' commands under the same inside vrf. is this correct?
- say multiple address pools under the same inside vrf is not supported on 5.1. is there a 'soft' way of adding more valid ips (address pool) to the setup? for example, creating a second inside vrf (different serviceapp) and adding it to the same 'service cgn' so that it maps out to one single outside interface?

Thanks a lot!
c.

1 REPLY 1
a-gould
Beginner

in my test lab, i added a subnet to my cgn nat44 service (call it subnet B) and i did not see the additional addresses show up in the ..."sh cgn nat44 nat1 statis"

then, worse, when i removed subnet B, cgn nat44 crashed.  broke completely.

the way to fix was to remove the original subnet (call it A) commit change, readd subnet A, commit change, and cgn nat44 works again.

...i realize my setup is a bit different than your cgse, but i thought i'd share

IOS XR 5.3.1
ASR9006
VSM-500
RSP-440-TR