Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 9006 Pie module update

Salem Neaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I could not install the asr9k-k9sec-px.pie-5.1.1 pie module at ASR 9006. I managed to upload the file at the disk0: but I cannot even delete the uploaded file. The attachment contains the log file. Would be grateful if anybody help me regarding this issue.

Regards,

SAlem

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Salem,

When specifying where to install add a package from or where to delete a file from you need to specify the device and filename as part of the full pathname. An example would be install add disk0:/asr9k-k9sec-px.pie-5.1.1 or delete disk0:/asr9k-k9sec-px.pie-5.1.1. By default the present working directory in ASR9K is disk0a/usr so when no device is specified it will look for files there.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

There is a well written MOP here (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/technotes/MOP-CSS-to-Abraxas.html) which explains the issue and how to work around the issue.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Salem,

When specifying where to install add a package from or where to delete a file from you need to specify the device and filename as part of the full pathname. An example would be install add disk0:/asr9k-k9sec-px.pie-5.1.1 or delete disk0:/asr9k-k9sec-px.pie-5.1.1. By default the present working directory in ASR9K is disk0a/usr so when no device is specified it will look for files there.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your support. I am facing a new problem, when I am issuing the install command it is generating error message. The  pie has expired.

(admin)#show install pie-info /disk0a:/asr9k-k9sec-px.pie-5.1.1
Tue Feb 9 11:41:47.416 GMT

Contents of pie file '/disk0a:/asr9k-k9sec-px.pie-5.1.1':
Expiry date : Oct 17, 2015 01:51:47 GMT
Uncompressed size : 29532506
Compressed size : 12382895
Size on disk : 12466176

asr9k-k9sec-px-5.1.1
asr9k-k9sec-supp-5.1.1
iosxr-security-5.1.1

Now do I need to upgrade the entire IOS-XR software version ? 

I need to configure SSH and my current IOS-XR does not, it requires additional PIE to be installed.

Regards,

Salem

There is a well written MOP here (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/technotes/MOP-CSS-to-Abraxas.html) which explains the issue and how to work around the issue.

Thanks,

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: