cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Control policy limit IOS XR 5.1.3

David Tsulaia
Level 1
Level 1

We are running IOS XR version 5.1.3 on ASR 9k and current number of controll policies is 99.
When we try to add two more policies it fails with following error:

!!% app-obj: Object Count exceeds maximum supported by system: Failed to add policy-map to list Name : BUNDLE_11_57111 type: subscriber_control

Adding one policy goes OK, so the limit must be 100.

Any workaround or possible solution to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi david, correct, it is a sw enforced restriction. but it has no hw limitation or something like that. It means that it could be extended, at some point, if strictly necessary with some associated testing and verifications.

If you like, we could see if we can consolidate your config/policies a bit?

xander

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi david, you really need 100 unique control policies? I mean it can be extended with some testing and all that, but I think there is a possibility maybe of :

- using radius to provide per session/access interface customization

- using class-maps inside the control policy event to differentiate one user set from the other?

xander

Hello xander, unfortunately there is no way around it as of now. But staying under 100 policies total is still manageable. So I am right in assuming this is XR limitation? 

hi david, correct, it is a sw enforced restriction. but it has no hw limitation or something like that. It means that it could be extended, at some point, if strictly necessary with some associated testing and verifications.

If you like, we could see if we can consolidate your config/policies a bit?

xander

Sorry for late reply, the config was work in progress, I was just curious about limitations. Now control policies are down to minimum (little over 10). 

Thanks for the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: