Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS. Bootflash defragmentation

Hi,

I have to do a bootflash defragmentation on CRS-3. I already have a procedure but I have a question about the FP-140 cards. As I could see the RP, MSC and FP40 have a bootflash, but I´m not sure if FP-140 has a bootflash.

I ask this because when I apply the show command to check fragmentation state in each FP140 card I get the following error:

0/0/CPU0        FP-140G              14-10GbE         IOS XR RUN      PWR,NSHUT,MON

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:CRS#show filesystem bootflash: filesys location 0/0/CPU0 | include Stale

Mon Oct  1 16:56:10.115 SCHILE

Unable to open file : No such file or directory

But when I apply the command to another type of card I can see the % of fragmentation:

0/2/CPU0        MSC                  8-10GbE          IOS XR RUN      PWR,NSHUT,MON

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:STGO-LACI-P1#show filesystem bootflash: filesys location 0/2/CPU0 | include Stale

Mon Oct  1 16:56:29.454 SCHILE

Stale     :    25896652 Bytes   41%

I hope that somebody could help me.

Thanks,

Jaime.

2 Replies 2

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jaime,

Every SP node has a bootflash.

I would recommend using the show filesystem bootflash: all location 0/0/CPU0 command from admin mode in order to see all the information

Regards,

Sam

Nicolas Fevrier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jaime, Sam,

no more SP in the CRS-3 line cards (FP140...), all the environmental monitoring is done by an embedded board now.

The bootflash has been replaced by a eUSB of 4GB in the card (lcdisk0: and lcdisk0a:). You don't need to defrag it.

Cheers,

N.