Views
Helpful
Replies

[crs] CGSE - NAT0 support

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, All:

Docs are not clear on this, but: does the CGSE (any version) support on the same VRF that all IPs that are redirected to the CGSE are NAT'ed, except for a specific pool that I declare for exemption?

Thanks,

c.

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Fevrier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlos,

I'm not 100% sure I got the question, but if you ask about the ability to assigned several pools to a single inside-VRF, it's supported in the CGSE+ only since 5.2.0.

If you want to avoid NATing for a particular source range, it can be done on all platforms using ABF.

BR,

N.

Thanks, Nicholas, let me try and explain better.

Say I have two networks A/B (that get to the CGSE through a single inside vrf). Now, I want network A to be NAT'ed and network B to traverse the CGSE but leave untouched or not NAT'ed. Does the CGSE support this scenario?

In my case, I'm not using ABF (and will not be using it at all), I'm using MPLS VPN to get to the CGSE.

Thanks,

c.

Got it, sorry I didn't read the NAT0 in the title.

This feature aims mostly at checking the TCP Sequence without performing the translation. It's supported in ASR9000/VSM only since 5.2.0 (not in CGSE not CGSE+).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r5-2/general/release/notes/reln_520a9k.html#concept_A532C1B148044032ACA34D12D0D275CC

If you are using labeled packets and can't use ABF, no solution AFAIK on CGSE(+).

Hope it answers to your question this time.

BR,

N.

absolutely, thanks a lot, nicholas.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: