Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS3 upgrade FC-140G/S to FC-400G/S

startx001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to upgrade cards and to avoid traffic loss.

I saw it could be done, but temporarily allowed only during the upgrade process.

is there any document about this?  

KR

VZ

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Fevrier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi VZ,

I've done the operation (a very long time back), it can be performed with no impact on traffic.

A "MOP" should be available to guide you through the process,

Please contact your Cisco representative to get the latest copy (if it's not available on CCO)

Kind regards,

N.

Hi Nicolas,

I found 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/crs/hardware-install/16-slot/b2b-cabling-and-upgrade-guide/b-crs-16-slot-cabling-and-upgrade-guide/b-crs-16-slot-cabling-and-upgrade-guide_chapter_0100.pdf

but I can not find a document where it's supported and the behavior of the chassis when i remove first FC-140G/S and insert FC-400G/S. How long can operate FC-140G/S and FC-400G/S together until i remove other FC-140G/S . 
I saw it can work just temporarily.

We support it for the duration of a MW.

So long as you have an odd and even fabric card of the same type in the system it will remain up, so we typically recommend swapping 2 fabric cards at a time.

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: