Views
Helpful
Replies

error installing asr9k-px-5.3.4.sp7.pie'

bahar
Level 1
Level 1
Hi 

We got a couple of problems  with our ASR 9010 , it sends 0 update packets to the radius server but in stop packet it will send all the user's traffic which clearly is causing some problems. In 5.3.4.sp4 they mentioned it is solved so we installed and activated it without any problem but unfortunately the problem is still there, so we wanted to try this 5.3.4.sp7 but I cant install it, everything is the same but I got this error. Is there anyone who can help me with this.

thanks in advance

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:SHIRAZ-ASR9010-1#admin install add tftp://myserver add/asr9k-px-5.3.4.sp7.pie

Install operation 34 '(admin) install add /tftp://myserver/asr9k-px-5.3.4.sp7.pie' started by user 'h.b'
via CLI 
Error: The install operation failed due to a system error. Please collect diagnostic information using 'show
Error: tech-support install' and pass this information to your TAC representative for support. (details: 'Package
Error: Library' detected the 'fatal' condition 'file I/O error': Input/output error)
Install operation 34 failed

6 Replies 6

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A file I/O error may indicate disk corruption or some type of package corruption.

A few things to check:

fsck disk0: (on both RSPs)

admin install verify packages repair

Thanks,

Sam

Could you please check the size of the SP7 pie ?
It should be matching this:
MD5: 2fe84b4f6b47a87a3eee9faa87050773
Image Size: 734085801
Uncompressed Image Size: 1658759659

Hi

Thanks for your advice, the size of image file matches so do you think as Sam said I should run a disk check? 

Thanks

elesani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

from the output i can see that your process stuck at adding process,

have you tried to move the service pack to USB and add it through there instead of using TFTP ?

however, doing a disk check doesn't heart anyway.  

Hi

Thanks for your reply, does this checking cause massive overhead? cause one of our problems is high and abnormal CPU usage.

Thanks in advance

elesani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

At which location you are observing high CPU usage? The hard disk check will going to happen on RSP as a result, line cards would remain intact. 

beer in mind that on ASR9k and IOS-XR, RSP is in charge of control plane and high CPU on RSP - in short term, wouldn’t impact data plane. 

Regards,

Ehsan