Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EVPN L2 All-Active Multihomed Service E-LAN NOT LOAD BALANCING

I'm labing a topology from the cisco xrdocs.io website.  I have completed the lab and I have connectivity. However I don't have full load balance between H-5 and  H-1. It is like single active mode,   but it is configured for all active. I followed the configurations and instructions to a T,   but I can't get it to load balance.I running an RFC test from H1 to H5 and I only see traffic going thru one of the links from the bundle. If I shutdown the link that is passing traffic the other will start to pass traffic, just like single active setup. But I don't want that I want it to pass traffic on bot interfaces from bundle  Any suggestions 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When I say ports I mean like TCP port number or UDP port number.
Something that will affect the hashing.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are you testing load-balancing? ping test from H1 to H5?

How unique are the streams, what variables are different?

Remember hashing is just an algorithm, if you feed it the same information it will always hash to the same link, if it didn't do this you would get out of order packets!

Sam

I'm using a device that can generate traffic (accedian 100000 LTS). I'm pushing about 8.5G of traffic from one H-1 to H-5.  Plus I have Zabbix a SNMP monitoring tool that can graphs bandwidth. See the picture of the actual physical devices. Customer devive 2 is  H1  and Customer device 1 is H-5. Also see the bandwidth graph from both interfaces and bundle.  I also attached a graph of the H-1 and H-5

here is a summary of the  config

Can you explain the traffic that is generated?
I could not tell from the pictures.

If you add a second set of IP addresses to send traffic between does the traffic take the other link?
If we change the ports of the traffic does the traffic shift?

Sam

When I say ports I mean like TCP port number or UDP port number.
Something that will affect the hashing.

Basically sending udp traffic port 2000 and the device on the other end it's reflecting it back. Let me send another traffic stream and see what happens, I didn't think of that

That was it.  I started send traffic from another device and now it's send traffic thru the other port.  Thanks for your feed back!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: