Views
Helpful
Replies

FLSA1-1X-2.5-20G

m_ahmadzadeh1
Level 1
Level 1

Question :

If we buy 2 * FLSA1-BIN-1X10GE license for the Cisco ASR 1001-X , the 2 * 10G interfaces will be activated. Do we still need to buy the FLSA1-1X-2.5-20G license ?

4 Replies 4

VictorOakTree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not the right move.

"ASR1001-X built-in 10 GE ports are turned on using port-based licenses. However, if the ASR1001-X is upgraded to 20G, then the two built-in ports are automatically included."

So, if you buy the FLSA1-1X-2.5-20G license you won't have to buy any port license, because a FLSA1-BIN-2X10GE-P will come together without selecting anything.

Also note that all the other port licenses and throughput upgrade licenses won't follow the same pattern. When opting to purchase them instead the above mentioned, you will have to make sure to have both the port licenses and the throughput licenses selected. 

A useful link is this:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/guide-c07-731639.html

Thank you Victor, that has been very helpful! 

Totally correct actually when you ask the quote for FLSA1-1X-2.5-20G it has to come with FLSA1-BIN-2X10GE-P with $0.00 cost !!!!

Thanks 

Hi

But the costs for both are not the same. If I need 20G, I would choose the first option to save costs unless the other gives more features/benefits

1) FLSA1-BIN-1X10GE x 2 Nos is 14K (7K per license)
2) FLSA1-1X-2.5-20G is 26.9K

Question is why should I choose the second option if this is expensive?

Can anyone advise what features are added in the second. I just need to 2x10G port  and 2x1G (onboard ports) on ASR1001-X

Thanks

Sarangan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: