Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS to IOS XR Configuration Migration tool

Hello

Some time ago, I used to use  a cisco tool in which I could submit the source IOS configuration in order to have a target IOS XR config

Do you know what is the name and the link of this tool

Thanks for your support

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am considering replacing my Cisco 7606. It has RSP-720-3CXL processors.  I would like to get an idea of what my config would look like under IOS XR.  Can I send you my current config for conversion?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that tool is called SOX, but it is not reachable on CCO.

if you have a config that needs conversion happy to run it through it.

note that it still needs optimization/cleanup, but all the basic conversion is taken care of by that tool to get things going.

(also it doesnt warn if a particular config is not supported etc, it merely converts the cli)

cheers!

xander

I understand that there is a cisco IOS to XR conversion tool called SOX but it is not available to the public.  A comment indicated that someone can send their IOS configuration and it will be converted to XR.  This comment was made in May 2019.  Please let me know if this service still exists.

Thanks

Mohamed

hi Mohamed,

yup that tool still exists. note that this is just a basic conversion and no optimization is done for route-policies or acls etc,

it is merely to be able to commit the ios config to xr.

it also doesnt alert on features used in ios that may or may not be functional on the xr platform in use.

you can send me your config, or open a tac case or connect with your advanced services rep or sales team to share your config

for conversion.

cheers!

xander

I am considering replacing my Cisco 7606. It has RSP-720-3CXL processors.  I would like to get an idea of what my config would look like under IOS XR.  Can I send you my current config for conversion?

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

cn you email me your config and I can run it to the conversion tool and send back the result!?

cheers!

xander

I opened a TAC case too and provided the same file. What is the best way to send you the router config?

TAC should take care of the conversion once you upload the configuration file, even though is not guaranteed to work (you need to double check the config), it should be helpful enough for the migration.

Elvin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: