cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XR Error message in MPLS L3 VPN + BGP

umesh_dhiman
Level 1
Level 1

I am using "iosxrv-k9-demo-5.1.2" image file on GNS3 for self practice.

when I configure IOS XR router with MPLS L3 VPN and I assign a interface of IOS XR to a VRF, it gives an error :

RP/0/0/CPU0:Feb 19 20:16:50.182 : bgp[1048]: %ROUTING-BGP-3-RPC_SET_ERROR : [22] : RPC set read operation: Table . Error: 'Subsystem(3373)' detected the 'fatal' condition 'Code(37)'  : pkg/bin/bgp : (PID=663826) :  -Traceback= b395988 b229e9c 8226a4b 8224bdc afb2e7c b22d857 8267050.

looking for a solution.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi umesh, there is a table operation handler issue that was fixed in xr 513. when the list is empty, it returns "error" but that is not necessarily needed to return error, an empty list can be ok, so the sw fix taht went in is to check for that and return more detailed error codes inside XR betwee in this case table operations and bgp communition (that is done via RPC or remote procedure calls).

few options that might be there to try:

-1 ignore it and continue configuration

-2 define all vrf definitions first under router bgp and wherever needed before assigning it to an interface

-3 clear config, reboot, apply new config step by step with first vrf definitions and last to apply to interface.

-4 download xr513 for XRv.

cheers

xander

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi umesh, there is a table operation handler issue that was fixed in xr 513. when the list is empty, it returns "error" but that is not necessarily needed to return error, an empty list can be ok, so the sw fix taht went in is to check for that and return more detailed error codes inside XR betwee in this case table operations and bgp communition (that is done via RPC or remote procedure calls).

few options that might be there to try:

-1 ignore it and continue configuration

-2 define all vrf definitions first under router bgp and wherever needed before assigning it to an interface

-3 clear config, reboot, apply new config step by step with first vrf definitions and last to apply to interface.

-4 download xr513 for XRv.

cheers

xander

thanks a lot Alexander Thuijs

can you please share the link to download XR513 for XRv.

as I am not sure which one to download.

I found it.

In case someone needs it, then visit :

https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fileexg/main.cgi?CONTYPES=Cisco-IOS-XRv

I hope it will help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: