Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR - Release notes for Service Packs

Hi Guys,

I want to install Service Pack (SP3) for an ASR9k IOS-XR 6.5.3 and I'm trying to find the release notes but, I couldn't find any.

So, the question is, do you know of any release notes for service packs or recommendations or just go ahead and install it blindly ?

Thank you,

Malcolm

3 Replies 3

If you hoover the filename on the CCO download page there's a popup and a "Readme" link that points you here: https://www.cisco.com/web/software/286224007/147266/asr9k-px-6.5.3.k9-sp3.txt

Hi Fredrik,

Thank you for your support.

I've read that and it doesn't tell you the recommended way of installing it or if need to perform specific tasks/commands before installing the Service Pack itself in order for the SP to install correctly and without any issues.

What I'm after here is, if there is way or a document like the Release Notes for when Upgrading the System for the Service Packs if it is available.

Thank You

Malcolm

All that would be in the readme.

For instance "

Restart Type:            reboot

"

Any caveats if any should be listed in the readme.

This for instance is for a SMU:

CONSTITUENT SMU DETAILS:

Name:                    asr9k-9000v-nV-supp-6.6.3.CSCvs69886
Pre-requisites:          
Incompatibility:         
Restart Type:            dependent
Cards:                   
MD5:                     e88d068e957537f069f079dbb09f21fd

CSS Certificate:

SMU Install Questions:
----------------------
1- Console/error messages during SMU activation/deactivation?  Please specify the safe messages to ignore
NA
2- Are there any side effects to this SMU that require workaround? (for example AAA SMU requiring exit out of current session and reconnecting after install).  If so what?
NA

SMU Caveats:
NA

As to what to collect before and after an install, that is up to the operator, treat it just like any other upgrade or reboot of the system.

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: