Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR Service Packs

Hi,

I wonder why are there only 4 SMUs contained in 5.1.3 SP1 when from the publishing date perspective there could have been 13 SMUs in it? I also experienced with 4.3.4 SP4 that the service pack can only be installed if all the affected software modules are also installed (e.g. video pie), which makes no sense, why should I need to install unnecessary modules just to apply a service pack? Will this behavior be changed in upcoming service packs?

Florian

4 Replies 4

Alexei Kiritchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Florian,
For release 5.1.1 or prior make sure the following 3 SMUs are loaded first before installing an SP:
CSCug75299
CSCui94441
CSCul58246
The main reason is CSCul58246    Service Pack version handling 
This fix enables detecting SP as a SMU like package. That solves as well the problem with unnecessary PIEs installation.

once a SMU is in POSTED state, it will automatically go into the Service Pack Line UP. But the process starts only when a SMU is posted and as the SP is not a simple tar collection of individual SMUs it should properly go via a testing process itself.

Regards,
/A

Hi,

OK, this should be no concern in 5.1.3 service packs. Any comment on the module dependency issue?

Florian

The 3 mentioned above SMUs are needed for releases prior to 5.1.1 to address the dependency issue and hence 5.1.3 does not need it.

/A

OK thank you, that is good news :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: