cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L2VPN VPLS Inter-AS Option B on IOS-XR supported?

raichmayer
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am testing a VPLS Inter-AS Option-B Setup for both, BGP and LDP signaling VPLS-VPNs.

This is working between IOS-XE machines, but IOS-XR seems to lack the support for this.

For LDP, ASR9k does not build any segmented PWs and for BGP there are no label assignments

from the ASBR.

Maybe this is not supported at all on IOS-XR? At least I cant find any documentation about that.

Thanks and regards,

Rene

5 Replies 5

Yahia CHARIF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi raichmayer,

could you please share your ASBRs configuration if they are XR.

regards.

HI,

I attached the specific config of the IOS-XR ASBR. This is taken form a VIRL simulation. I understand that XR cannot do VPLS at the edge in VIRL. However, I dont see any reason why XR should not be able to do the ASBR job as this only involves labelswapping on the dataplane if the ControlPlane is supported.

Many thanks, Rene

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi rene,

interAS option B is supported for both l3 and l2 vpn.

l3vpn is straight forward: the asbr has vpnv4 address families to make the vpn connections and will do the label allocation. this scales up to 1M routes total (due to the label space limit by standards).

for l2vpn you'd need to do pw stitcing. basically create a cross connect with 2 pseudo wires as the attachment circuits.

xander

Hi xander,

Thanks for you aswere and sorry for my loose explanation. I am looking into VPLS Option B on IOS-XR in the same manner as it is supported on IOS for Signalling types (BGP and LDP).

Thanks, Rene

hi xander,

can you explain the PW stitching? Are there any configuration guides for this?

I need to handover simple p2p pseudowires (VPWS) to different AS and create redundancy over two ASBRs

I suppose this is supported on asr9910 with ios xr 6.0.2 but I am unable to find relevant configuration guides

Thank You.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: