cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LC/0/3/CPU0:Feb 16 10:55:43.279 : pifibm_server_lc[307]: IS_REMOVED_LINK not set 500e837c

Ronie Meireles
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Masters and coleguees,

Could you please clarify me about the following log message:

LC/0/3/CPU0:Feb 16 10:55:43.279 : pifibm_server_lc[307]: IS_REMOVED_LINK not set 500e837c

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Ron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi ronie,

this is a message from the internal fib server on the linecard. the iFIB is part of LPTS.

iFIB provides some filter, classification and direction for certain "to me traffic". eg when you have MPP configured, it holds the entries for which we want to accept ssh/telnet etc. And it also gives us entries that say hey if you get NTP packets from this clock server in, that we configured for, or hey we get TCP packets in for us, but this is default service that we have not configured for.

In this case iFIB lost connection with its manager for some reason, hence there should be some messages before and after that also that give some more detail on this particular problem.

Looking at the known issues database I see some older cases from the 43/51 time frame that had discussed this, but nothing too recent.

It could be seen at an LC reload and could also even be transient whereby the connection is restored again.

xander

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi ronie,

this is a message from the internal fib server on the linecard. the iFIB is part of LPTS.

iFIB provides some filter, classification and direction for certain "to me traffic". eg when you have MPP configured, it holds the entries for which we want to accept ssh/telnet etc. And it also gives us entries that say hey if you get NTP packets from this clock server in, that we configured for, or hey we get TCP packets in for us, but this is default service that we have not configured for.

In this case iFIB lost connection with its manager for some reason, hence there should be some messages before and after that also that give some more detail on this particular problem.

Looking at the known issues database I see some older cases from the 43/51 time frame that had discussed this, but nothing too recent.

It could be seen at an LC reload and could also even be transient whereby the connection is restored again.

xander

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: