Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum Number of ACE per PPPoE Session

Peyman Zadmehr
Spotlight
Spotlight

HI

We are going to apply ISG services to PPPoE sessions on ASR9K, The traffic in each traffic class is specified by an ACL. One of these ACLS has more than 10K line and must be applied to the session in both direction,

Regarding Tomahawk limitation for 96K ACE per LC, I wonder with this setup how many PPPoE session we can have per LC?

Thank you for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't know the behavior of cat6k, but in all XR products we try to reuse ACLs when possible in TCAM.

Sam

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACLs are applied once in the TCAM on the NP. Regardless of how many interfaces share that same ACL.

Sam

Hi Sam

Thank you for the reply, consider this scenario:

we have a Traffic class which is defined by an ACL.This ACL has more than 10k ACEs.

now we want to assign this TC to each PPPoE subscriber for having Accounting on this TC over each PPPoE session. We have to apply this ACL twice since for each session becsuse we have to count traffic usage in Download and Upload directions.

Is this scenario applicable for both Typhoon and Tomahawk?

Can we have for example 128k PPPoE sessions while this TC is applied to each sesssion on Typhoon Card 24x10GE? or same scenario on a Tomahawk card. Suppose we dont use any Ether bundle so we are in LC mode BNG..

Thank you...

Like I mentioned in my first post, an ACL gets written to TCAM once regardless of how many interfaces are using the same ACL. Subscribers take on the form of a sub-interface when created.

Sam

Hi

So the behavior is somehow different from C6509?

Right?

Best regards

I don't know the behavior of cat6k, but in all XR products we try to reuse ACLs when possible in TCAM.

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: