Views
Helpful
Replies

[me3600/asr9k] all broadcast trafic in PW

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

I hope my question is simple enough. Is there a known limitation on an ASR9k or an ME3600 that, if you try to flood broadcasts (lab testing) in a PW terminated in either router, it would prevent the router to pass all broadcast traffic.

Let me try with an example:

Traffic generator --10G--ASR9k---10G---ME3600---10G---Traffic generator

Customer says they injected all-broadcast traffic in a PW and the PW was not able to pass the full TG BW. Mind you, no rate-limit or storm-control was configured.

Thanks!

c.

1 Reply 1

Your post suggests that both platforms behavior was similar, as there was not difference mentioned whether you inject the broadcast traffic on the left or the right side. And this is very unlikely, as those two platforms are completely different in their architecture. For the A9K I am quite sure that the NP doing the forwarding on the linecard is not affected as broadcast replication is done purely in HW. My proposal here would be to test the traffic generator first, which means connect the two traffic generators back2back and test the broadbast traffic without any DUD first. I suspect a limitation of the traffic generator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: