cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Mix smart and traditional licensing ASR9001S

Hello,

I have to install these license ASR 9001 L3 VPN (smart licensing) and A9K-9001-MOB-LIC (traditional licensing with PAK) on a ASR9001S router.

Can I mix smart and traditional licensing?

From what I read, smart and traditional licensing can coexist on a same device, but not active at the same time.

How do you recommend me to proceed?

Best regards,

Florentin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Mix smart and traditional licensing ASR9001S

Hi Florentin,

My undertanding is only Smart license or Traditional license CLI can be used at any point in time. You will need to switch back and forth between the two for activating the respective method. You can convert your traditional license to Smart license by raising a TAC case if you want to, so that you get advantage of all smart licensing features, except in certain cases as listed in below link.

More details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-3/system-management/configuration/guide/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-63x/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-63x_chapter_010100.html#concept_BD6D6BAD7B6C4F238C60B06CE15F1F08

1 REPLY 1
Cisco Employee

Re: Mix smart and traditional licensing ASR9001S

Hi Florentin,

My undertanding is only Smart license or Traditional license CLI can be used at any point in time. You will need to switch back and forth between the two for activating the respective method. You can convert your traditional license to Smart license by raising a TAC case if you want to, so that you get advantage of all smart licensing features, except in certain cases as listed in below link.

More details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-3/system-management/configuration/guide/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-63x/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-63x_chapter_010100.html#concept_BD6D6BAD7B6C4F238C60B06CE15F1F08

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards