cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mpls vpn over TE fo Xr

oteros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone, i need to implement this over XR. I tryed to do , as this document but it did not work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk428/technologies_tech_note09186a0080125b01.shtml#case1

Do anyone, know where is this document for XR ?? or if it´s supported for XR. Thanks very much.

6 Replies 6

oteros
Level 1
Level 1

I found a cisco config guide doc, that talk only about vpns over  L2TPv3 tunnels . Not over a TE, could someone confirm if mpls vpn over Te is a supported feature?.

Hre is the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4.2/lxvpn/configuration/guide/vc42vpip.html#wpxref75750

metal_icer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, oteros!

Check this thread out -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2212979

If you want to use TE tunnels only for a specific VPN, but not for all of them, you have to define different Lo address for the next-hop for that particular VPN (VRF) and route this address via the TE tunnel. This will force the traffic flow over the TE tunnel.

Regards,

Hristo

Hi, Hristo, thanks for your update, but i want to do it for every vrf. I want to know if the feature is supported, cause is not documented or i could not find it.

Hi, Oteros!

It is supported for sure! In you case you can simply route with static route statement the Lo0 (the default next-hops of the VPNv4 routes) via the TE tunnel you want to use. The other option is to use autoroute announce feature.

For example Case 1 from the link you provided in your first post.

Hristo

Oteros,

Yes, this is supported and shouldn't be a problem.  As mentioned already by Hristo, you need the RIB to point the BGP nexthop (other PE) to go over the tunnel.  This can be done statically, or via the IGP with the use of "autoroute announce".  Then you need to have LDP neighborship over the tunnel.  This is done simply by adding the TE interface under the MPLS LDP config.  You will also have to configure "discovery targeted-hello accept"  on the tunnel tail-end to accept the targetted session.  This will allow you to send labelled traffic over the tunnel. 

Hope that helps.

Bryan

asadkhan567
Level 1
Level 1

MPLS VPN over TE is supported on Cisco IOS XR, and the configuration might be slightly different from regular IOS. Here are some general steps to implement MPLS VPN over TE on Cisco IOS XR:

1. Enable MPLS on the interface

2. Enable RSVP-TE on the interface

3. Configure your TE tunnels. You need to configure the tunnel with a path option that includes the label-switched path (LSP) for the VPN traffic

4. Configure the MPLS VPN on the XR router.

5. Finally, associate the TE tunnel with the VPN within the VRF configuration.

Please note that this is a simplified example, and the actual configuration might vary depending on your network's specific requirements. Alternatively, I recommend you the xnxubd vpn browser. Let me know if al of these steps don't resolve your issue.

Regards

Asad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: