3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP

If the hardware is dead then you need to raise RMA with Cisco TAC

tkarnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i am assuming the router is powering up and there are no alarms on the front of the Panel

Please verify console settings here

• For modular chassis RP, the console settings are baud rate 9600 bps, no parity, 1 stop bits and 8 data bits

• For fixed chassis, the console settings are baud rate 115200 bps, no parity, 1 stop bits and 8 data bits.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/ncs5500/system-setup/74x/b-system-setup-cg-ncs5500-74x/bring-up-the-router.html

helpcenterus
Spotlight
Spotlight

To troubleshoot this, start by checking the physical connections between the switch and the computer. Ensure that the console cable is securely connected to the switch's console port and the computer's serial or USB port. Next, verify that the terminal emulator on your computer is configured correctly with the appropriate baud rate, data bits, stop bits, and parity settings for the NCS5502-SE switch. If you're still not seeing any output on the console, try restarting the switch and see if it establishes a connection.

If none of what I've described helps, then you need to raise an RMA with Cisco TAC as written by @Rich R