Helpful
Replies

Other than the CRS-16-RP-B RP whether to support the CRS-FLASHDISK-16G

likewinered
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I know CRS-16-RP-B is support the CRS-FLASH-DISK-16G=

CRS-FLASH-DISK-16G was wondering if it supports the other RP (ex. CRS-16-RP or CRS-PRP-6G, CRS-PRP-12G).

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Release 4.2 supports the Cisco CRS PCMCIA Flash Disk 16 GB on RP (A and B), DRP and SC-Ges. The cards must be formatted as FAT32.

The CRS-16-RP reached end of HW support 10/30/2012.

CRS-PRPs have internal SSDs.

Depending on the release you are on and want to go will depend on what you choose to do, but typically the recommendation is to upgrade to the PRP.

Edit: One source was not correct on which cards support this flash disk, I am correcting this.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

I apologize for the error previously. I edited my previous comment and I should clarify.

It will work, but again the RP-A is now end-of-support, so it is advised to upgrade for this reason as well as the ability to upgrade SW version in the future.

Sam

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Release 4.2 supports the Cisco CRS PCMCIA Flash Disk 16 GB on RP (A and B), DRP and SC-Ges. The cards must be formatted as FAT32.

The CRS-16-RP reached end of HW support 10/30/2012.

CRS-PRPs have internal SSDs.

Depending on the release you are on and want to go will depend on what you choose to do, but typically the recommendation is to upgrade to the PRP.

Edit: One source was not correct on which cards support this flash disk, I am correcting this.

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks for your help.

Have a good day :)

I'll ask one more thing.

CRS-16-RP is now using.

If 16G disk to be inserted into the CRS-16-RP, Is it possible to the 16G disk working?

Thanks for your help. :)

I apologize for the error previously. I edited my previous comment and I should clarify.

It will work, but again the RP-A is now end-of-support, so it is advised to upgrade for this reason as well as the ability to upgrade SW version in the future.

Sam

Thanks. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: