I have a few simple questions. Hope someone will help me Thank you in advance.
1) We are using prefix-set into route-maps, but how I can use a prefix-list?
2) In classic IOS we have the command: clear bgp peer-group Test soft in
I don't see it in IOS-XR (Cisco IOS XR Software, Version 4.0.1):
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:STH02#clear bgp ipv4 unicast ?
* Clear all peers and all routes from the BGP table
A.B.C.D or X:X::X BGP neighbor address to clear
as Clear peers in a specific AS
dampening Clear route flap dampening information
external Clear all external peers
flap-statistics Clear flap statistics
nexthop Clear nexthop
self-originated Clear redistributed, network and aggregate routes originated here
shutdown Clear all peers which were shut down due to low memory
3) In classic IOS we have the command: no file prompt quiet
I don't see it in IOS-XR. What is the command for IOS-XR?
I need it for the operation like this:
copy ftp://**:***@216.*.*.*/CUST_AS-TEST-in.prefixlist compactflash:/PrefixFilters/CUST_AS-TEST-in.prefixlist
Wed Apr 18 12:02:00.936 UTC
Destination filename [/compactflash:/PrefixFilters/CUST_AS-TEST-in.prefixlist]? !!!! I don't need this question
Copy : Destination exists, overwrite ?[confirm] !!!! I don't need this question
584 bytes copied in 0 sec
Have a nice day,
1) Once configured the prefix list is used in RPL, with things like 'if destination in prefix-list then pass'
For a complete explanation about route-policies, check
2) BGP soft reset is supported - see:
but I don't think you can do it by peer group.
3) No such similar config in IOS-XR afaik.
Thank you Maxime for the comments!
1) I asked because in RPL we have only prefix-set option:
(config-rpl)# if destination ?
in Member of a set
Not a prefix-list...
2) l think, you are right. Not clear why Cisco does not support it anymore...
3) Then how can I suppress confirmations?
You can test on multiple prefix sets like this:
if destination in test or destination in TEST then
set med 100
if destination in test then
set med 100
elseif destination in TEST then
set med 100
the clearing of the neighor/soft is not required because RPL will automatically do that.
A change in the prefix set will either do one of the following:
if peer is REFRESH capable, we will request a full download to reprogram the bgp table.
if soft reconfig is configured on the peer, then a full copy of the bgp table is stored and we'll use that for application of the modified RPL. Soft reconfig is useful for non refresh capable neighbors but cost more memory obviously.
if neither then the peering will restart.
See also some good docu on RPL here:
Thank you Alexander for your reply. It is the good RPL description and I've got the idea of REFRESH capable peer.
BUT, I still don't find the answer on my 3-d question:
In classic IOS we have the command: no file prompt quiet