Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Monitoring (RMON) on A9K.

hatman
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I've just started using ASR9K with IOS-XR v.6 software at previously we used the Cisco 7600.
and we use the RMON function on Cisco 7600 IOS but after we changed we did not find it on XR.

What can I do on XR?

thanks in advance.

MJ.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I've never tried sending the perfomance-mgmt statistics file to a tftp server - if all you're looking for is the equivalent to RMON then syslog messages should be sufficient?

Example event:

Jun  8 23:54:23.852 BST: pm_collector[368]: %MGBL-PM-6-THRESHOLD : Entity:interface-data-rates, Id:TenGigE0/0/0/31 - Attribute:InputDataRate: value:'8775447' threshold: 8500000, threshold-op:GT

Here's an example for 85% threshold utilisation on all TenGigE interfaces:

performance-mgmt regular-expression regexp-TenGigE
index 10 TenGigE
!
performance-mgmt thresholds interface data-rates template template-tengig-85percent
InputDataRate gt 8500000
OutputDataRate gt 8500000
regular-expression regexp-TenGigE
sample-interval 5
!
performance-mgmt apply thresholds interface data-rates template-tengig-85percent

If you want to debug the TFTP server export, first thing I would check is that from the CLI you can save files successfully to the TFTP server. For example, does "copy running-config tftp:" work? Many TFTP servers are set up with permissions so that you can't create files.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thanks for your information and we try to setup as below
but not any data on tftp server pls. advance.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:MR-ROUTER#sh run performance-mgmt
!
performance-mgmt resources tftp-server 192.168.1.1 directory /
performance-mgmt statistics interface generic-counters template template1
sample-size 10
sample-interval 5
!
performance-mgmt statistics interface basic-counters template default
!
performance-mgmt statistics interface data-rates template default
sample-interval 1
!
performance-mgmt thresholds interface generic-counters template template1
InUcastPkts ge 10000
sample-interval 5
!
performance-mgmt apply statistics interface generic-counters template1
performance-mgmt apply thresholds interface generic-counters template1

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ROUTER#

I've never tried sending the perfomance-mgmt statistics file to a tftp server - if all you're looking for is the equivalent to RMON then syslog messages should be sufficient?

Example event:

Jun  8 23:54:23.852 BST: pm_collector[368]: %MGBL-PM-6-THRESHOLD : Entity:interface-data-rates, Id:TenGigE0/0/0/31 - Attribute:InputDataRate: value:'8775447' threshold: 8500000, threshold-op:GT

Here's an example for 85% threshold utilisation on all TenGigE interfaces:

performance-mgmt regular-expression regexp-TenGigE
index 10 TenGigE
!
performance-mgmt thresholds interface data-rates template template-tengig-85percent
InputDataRate gt 8500000
OutputDataRate gt 8500000
regular-expression regexp-TenGigE
sample-interval 5
!
performance-mgmt apply thresholds interface data-rates template-tengig-85percent

If you want to debug the TFTP server export, first thing I would check is that from the CLI you can save files successfully to the TFTP server. For example, does "copy running-config tftp:" work? Many TFTP servers are set up with permissions so that you can't create files.

it work :) 

can you explain about regualar meaning?

thnaks very much.