Views
Helpful
Replies

Verify if the IOS-XR image installed is using encryption (k9) or not

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I wanna upgrade an ASR 9010 from IOS-XR 4.1 to IOS-XR 4.2 and I don't know how to determine if the actual image is

ASR9K-iosxr-p-4.1.0.tar or ASR9K-iosxr-p-k9-4.1.0.tar.

What's the better way to find if the image used in a previous installation in ASR 9010 have encryption (k9) or not ??

My Best Regards,

Andre Gustavo Lomonaco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Aby,

You do not require a seperate license to install/activate the sec PIE.

Example: i you are running IOS-XR release 5.1.1, you just need to download asr9k-k9sec-px-5.1.1 PIE and install/activate the same. Post this you should be able to configure and use sec features like SSH, SFTP, etc.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mdebraba
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use 'show install active summary', if you see the 'k9sec' package listed that means it is active on your router, and only the

ASR9K-iosxr-p-k9-4.1.0.tar will contain that package.

Is a separate license required to add and enable security package . We have package with out Sec pie installed currently and We will be adding the sec- pie soon . Wondering is there any additional license required to enable Security Package.

if any one is aware please reply

Thanks!

Hi Aby,

You do not require a seperate license to install/activate the sec PIE.

Example: i you are running IOS-XR release 5.1.1, you just need to download asr9k-k9sec-px-5.1.1 PIE and install/activate the same. Post this you should be able to configure and use sec features like SSH, SFTP, etc.

Regards,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: