Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRRP IOS-XR compatibility with IOS and Huawei OS

I have recently tried to configure a VRRP between ASR 9006(IOS-XR) using BVI and CISCO7606-S(IOS) using interface vlan, also VRRP between ASR 9006 using BVI and Huawei NE40E-X3 using interface vlan. I have seen that ASR 9006 response correctly to VRRP advertisements, i mean, if i change the priority on 7606 and Huawei X3 to a higher priority, the ASR 9006 change to backup state, if i change both 7606 and Huawei X3 to a lower priority, the ASR 9006 change to master state. The issue is that the 7606 and Huawei are not processing correctly or receiving an unknown format of the VRRP Advertisement because i see "Received advertisements : 0" but Checksum errors increasing, causing that this devices don't change to backup state if they receive and advertisement with higher priority comming from ASR 9006.

Have anyone experiences this situation? Any recommendations or advice?

2 Replies 2

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Michael,

have you checked CSCuj84262?

Aleksandar

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for the idea of looking in the Bug Seach. I think that could be related to this one: CSCum43188. Because my case is using IPv4 and i meet the condition of the version XR 4.3.4. I'll open a case to Cisco TAC to confirm it.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: