Views
Helpful
Replies

XR 5.2.2 Bug

TuralLachinov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Recently we met such a case, even I do not know how to call it, this is bug or what ?

So we purchased 2 x ASR 9010 Routers for PPPoE BNG.

After configuration everything seemed to be working till we began to check the Accounting Interim Updates. From the first router we were receiving

accounting interim update of the sessions on radius, but the second router was not sending accounting interim updates. After so much troubleshooting on asrs, radius, billing, configuration and so on, we did not find any reason for that and decided to downgrade the image from the version 5.2.2 to 5.2.0 and after that both asr routers began to send the interim updates immediately!

So I would like to know does anybody have this version 5.2.2 with interim update working ?

P.S. In the release notes of 5.2.2 and 5.3.0 there is not any caveats about aaa/accounting interim update.

/Tural

3 Replies 3

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi tural, there are a few issues with 522, make sure you are smu current.

alternatively, if you dont need the 522 feats, stick with 513 for now.

for the interim accounting, you can follow the records sent and next due etc with the show sbuscr sess all det command.

xander

Hi Alex, 

The 5.2.2 was absolutely not sending the interim accounting, that why we downgraded it back to 5.2.0,the mentioned command was displaying "0" and was not hitting.

At the moment I do not have problem with 5.2.0, the command is displaying the hits and we are receiving them on radius.

What about the 5.2.0 ? Is it stable ?

/Tural 

hi tural,

520 is a dot zero... would never recommend that. just to make sure, I meant XR 5.1.3 as the better option right now.

XR 5.2.4 is coming out soon which would be the recommended release for 52 train.

regards xander