Views
Helpful
Replies

XR BGP default conditional advertisng

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

Dear all,

I am working on CGN setup, using 2 vrfs IN and OUT. For the inside, I annonce the default route wich point to the ServiceApp.

My challenge is that I only want to annonce this default if the OUT vrf has a default route pointing to global next hop, or if the next hop interface is actually up.

I am trying to avoid, blackhling CGN natted traffic in case next hop is no longer available.

It seems that advertise-map command is no longer supported, and even if it was how can I track a route which is in another vrf ?

Any thoughts?

TIA

/Samir

1 Reply 1

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

Decided to deploy a simple method. Use same bundle or physical port for both IN and OUT traffic, this means if port goes down no traffic would be routed to this CGN enabled PE. Traffic would be routed to redundant node.

Initial problem wa sthat if outbound port fails, CGN enabled node would still announce a default route to its vrf, resulting in a blackhole.

/Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: