Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XR license issue

Hello,

I'm having problems adding a new license A9K-2T-TR-LIC for A9K-4T16GE-TR line card.

i use a router ASR9K with 2 line cards, the line card on slot 0 already has an upgrade license A9K-2T-TR-LIC and i want to install a license A9K-2T-TR-LIC for the line card on slot 1.

I followed the steps to install the license and the license was successfully added, as shown in the output below:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Router#sh plat
Thu Sep 5 09:45:54.733 EET
Node Type State Config State
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0/RSP0/CPU0 A9K-RSP440-TR(Active) IOS XR RUN PWR,NSHUT,MON
0/RSP1/CPU0 A9K-RSP440-TR(Standby) IOS XR RUN PWR,NSHUT,MON
0/0/CPU0 A9K-4T16GE-TR IOS XR RUN PWR,NSHUT,MON
0/1/CPU0 A9K-4T16GE-TR IOS XR RUN PWR,NSHUT,MON

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Router#sh lic
Thu Sep 5 09:43:15.300 EET

FeatureID: A9K-2T-TR-LIC (Slot based, Permanent)
Total licenses 1
Available for use 0
Allocated to location 0
Active 1
Store name Permanent
Store index 2
Pool: Owner
Total licenses in pool: 1
Locations with licenses: (Active/Allocated) [SDR]
0/0/CPU0 (1/0) [Owner]

FeatureID: A9K-4T16GE-AIP-TR (Slot based, Permanent)
Total licenses 1
Available for use 0
Allocated to location 0
Active 1
Store name Permanent
Store index 1
Pool: Owner
Total licenses in pool: 1
Locations with licenses: (Active/Allocated) [SDR]
0/0/CPU0 (1/0) [Owner]

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Router#show logg
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Sep 3 16:22:46.315 EET: licmgr[317]: %LICENSE-LICMGR-6-LOAD_LICENSE_FILE_OK : All licenses from license file disk0:/FOX1923GFN4_20190903053049643.lic added successfully

The problem is that the added license is not available in "Total licenses 1", there is only one license for the old card on slot 0 (location 0/0/CPU0).

We added in running config the following line "hw-module port-control license location 0/1/CPU0" and we restarted the line card.

After we restarted the line card, the license still is not available for use "Total licenses 1", and the line card is in "combo mode" - the ports tengig 0/1/0/18, tengig 0/1/0/19 don't come up, they remain down.

Thanking you in advance for feedback,
Florentin
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tkarnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

open the .lic file in notepad, does it have qty 1 or 2 ?

the problem is some of the license files are not additive, they will just overwrite and stay with the same #1

in those cases you will need to have the licensing team generate a new license with both and QTY 2

THanks

View solution in original post

You will see something like this

<COUNT>2</COUNT>

So the issue is that you can only apply 1 license file per feature, if you want 2 licenses or more for a given license type / feature you need to re-cut the license and get the count changed in the license file.

Sam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tkarnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

open the .lic file in notepad, does it have qty 1 or 2 ?

the problem is some of the license files are not additive, they will just overwrite and stay with the same #1

in those cases you will need to have the licensing team generate a new license with both and QTY 2

THanks

Thank you for your help,

i opened the .lic file in notepad, and where i can find qty 1 or 2 ?

Thanks,

Florentin

You will see something like this

<COUNT>2</COUNT>

So the issue is that you can only apply 1 license file per feature, if you want 2 licenses or more for a given license type / feature you need to re-cut the license and get the count changed in the license file.

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: