cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Addition of IOS- XE Yang models

jarulsel@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

we are doing Yang modeling for IOS-XE voice Configuration.
Since i am new to this i have the following questions.
1. When i create a new Model , can i add the new created Yang schema imported into YDK kit so we can use the API for new Yang model or we need to develop something to get it into YDK.
2. Can codeServiceProvider be used for converting from Yang model to JSON / XML and vice versa or do we need to take care of few steps when using the conversion.

This will help us to undertsand on using YDK.

3 Replies 3

saalvare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What do you mean by "When i create a new Model". Your IOS-XE device should come with the config and oper models you need. If you're trying to implement your own models, you'd need to map your data to fit the device models.

Regarding the Codec service, yes, it converts from XML/JSON to an object and viceversa. You can find examples of encocing an object into XML at:
https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/ydk-py-samples/tree/master/samples/basic/codec/models/cisco-ios-xe/Cisco-IOS-XE-native

HTH.

Thanks Santiago Alvarez,

To make myself clear .
We are creating models for our Component UC ( CLI and operational Data) first time in IOS-XE.
Once we have created the model for our component , If i add my ydk Module to repository in YDK will it take care of API creation for the new models or we need add it to YDK models package ?

Let's discuss offline how these model fit within the XE structure.  Based on that, we can decide the best path forward. Thanks!