cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bundles Support Confirmation

vipaoqun@hotmail.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have one question need your clarification.

I have many IOS-XR devices running different software versions from version 6.1.1 to 6.5.1, could the current prebuilt bundles(ydk.models.cisco_ios_xr) meet my case? I just need to pip install it? or I have to use different bundle profiles to generate my own bundles ?similar to xr_651_bundle, xr_641_bundle...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ygorelik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello YDK User
Unfortunately all the bundles are different and sometimes not backward compatible. That means for each device you need to use bundle with matching IOS XR software version. That could be a difficult task by itself. We are working on this YDK architecture issue.
Please note that bundles of older XR versions that are stored in repository<> might not be compatible with the latest YDK release as there were some core code changes that breaks backward compatibility. The latest such change was introduced in YDK-0.7.3. That means you can safely use latest release bundles with latest YDK version. For older IOS XR releases you will need to rebuild the bundle. Please check bundle profiles<> to see YDK dependency. For example profile for XR6.4.1<> requires "core_version": "0.7.2". But bundle code generated with YDK-0.7.2 (located in repository with tag 0.7.2) is not compatible with YDK-0.7.3 or 0.8.0, meaning you need to rebuild bundle code using ydk-gen utility generate.py.
Please let me know if you need further guidance.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vipaoqun@hotmail.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can anyone answer my questions that I've asked?

ygorelik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello YDK User
Unfortunately all the bundles are different and sometimes not backward compatible. That means for each device you need to use bundle with matching IOS XR software version. That could be a difficult task by itself. We are working on this YDK architecture issue.
Please note that bundles of older XR versions that are stored in repository<> might not be compatible with the latest YDK release as there were some core code changes that breaks backward compatibility. The latest such change was introduced in YDK-0.7.3. That means you can safely use latest release bundles with latest YDK version. For older IOS XR releases you will need to rebuild the bundle. Please check bundle profiles<> to see YDK dependency. For example profile for XR6.4.1<> requires "core_version": "0.7.2". But bundle code generated with YDK-0.7.2 (located in repository with tag 0.7.2) is not compatible with YDK-0.7.3 or 0.8.0, meaning you need to rebuild bundle code using ydk-gen utility generate.py.
Please let me know if you need further guidance.

Thank you very much for your clarification, ygorelik, I got it !