cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ECDSA dependency?

dave_stern
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. Getting this error when trying to pip install.
(ydk-py) xxxx:~/Desktop/ydk-py-master/core$ pip install dist/ydk-0.5.2.tar.gz

Processing /.dist/ydk-0.5.2.tar.gz

Collecting ecdsa==0.13 (from ydk==0.5.2)

Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read-None, redirect=None__ after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor-requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7fec10037b50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',)': /simple/ecdsa/

[attempts 3,2,1 ommited]

Could not find  a version that satisfies the requirement ecdsa==0.13 (from ydk==0.5.2) (from versions: )

No matching distribution found for ecdsa==0.13 (from ydk==0.5.2)

I manually loaded the ecdsa wheel and this is showing on the pip list for the non virtualized env.

I am on a stand-alone isolated environment but I am having trouble understanding what exactly I need to install and where. The virtualized pip only shows three packages and the ecdsa is not one of them.

If someone can give me a hand that would be beautiful. This will be the last step to us getting started with this method of changing config's

Thanks.

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This was resolved with manual whl installations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

einarnn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dave,

The YDK ultimately has many more dependencies than the few top-level ones listed. If you need to install in a standalone environment, you would be better off first installing in a connected environment (again into a virtualenv), and, after that, use pip freeze to identify ALL dependencies, and then ensure that you have them available for installation.

Just picking up some data from another thread, YDK 0.5.1 had these dependencies:

ecdsa (0.13)

enum34 (1.1.3)

lxml (3.4.4)

ncclient (0.5.2)

paramiko (1.15.2)

pip (8.1.2)

protobuf (3.0.0b2.post2)

pyang (1.6)

pycrypto (2.6.1)

setuptools (28.6.1)

six (1.10.0)

Twisted (16.4.1)

zope.interface (4.3.2)

Cheers,

Einar

Okay a little further along. on the pip install I had to use --no-index -f [path to wheels, etc.] in order to install locally. Through another hurdle.

Is this query part of the same issue reported at help with failed ydk core install / compilation ?

This was resolved with manual whl installations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: