Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use YDK docker image

Appreciate your help. 

How can i use ydk docker image to generate python code for my yang model? 

I'm a beginner. Is there any documentations to follow?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

The docker image is the best for the beginners to learn YDK basics. It comes with completely built development environment, which shields the user from all the installation issues. The docker image is getting updated with each commit to master branch of ydk-gen; currently it is version 0.8.4.

For the YDK docker installation see this documentation on GitHub. Once you are in the docker container navigate to YDK home directory /root/ydk-gen/. In order to generate YANG models API packages please follow this documentation and multiple examples of profiles under /root/ydk-gen/profiles.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

The docker image is the best for the beginners to learn YDK basics. It comes with completely built development environment, which shields the user from all the installation issues. The docker image is getting updated with each commit to master branch of ydk-gen; currently it is version 0.8.4.

For the YDK docker installation see this documentation on GitHub. Once you are in the docker container navigate to YDK home directory /root/ydk-gen/. In order to generate YANG models API packages please follow this documentation and multiple examples of profiles under /root/ydk-gen/profiles.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

Thank you. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: