Helpful
Replies

Is there a YDK Sandbox?

saalvare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ydk-logo-64.png

We provide two sandbox environments where you can easily get started with YDK:

1. Vagrant sandbox.  You will find the YDK sandbox integrated as part of the ydk-py-samples repository at GitHub.  This environment provides access to a Ubuntu Linux host where YDK is pre-installed and the "samples" and "projects" directories are shared between the sandbox and the host device where the sandbox runs.  If you're new to Vagrant, you can watch "Vagrant in 5 minutes" for a quick introduction.  Note that the YDK Vagrant sandbox already provides the "Vagrantfile" required to launch your environment.  Just follow the instructions in the README file in the ydk-py-samples repository.

1. dCloud sandboxYou will find the YDK sandbox listed in the dCloud catalog as "Cisco IOS XR YANG Development Kit Sandbox".  See the resources section for the sandbox guide.  It provides the details on the physical topology.  In the schedule section, you can select the global data center where you want to run your environment.  This environment provides access to a virtual environment with one Ubuntu Linux host acting as a network controller and two connected Cisco XRv9K routers.  That host has YDK pre-installed along with numerous sample applications.

If you're new to dCloud, you can watch their dCloud introduction and you can find many additional videos in dCloud YouTube channel.

Give them a try!

7 Replies 7

tsiemers1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you need special access to use the XR YANG development kit sandbox? The link above:

https://dcloud.cisco.com/content/demo/12998

Goes to a dead link at dCloud that says:

The requested resource doen't exist

Looks like it's in dCloud. You need Cisco dCloud login.

I am able to see the content.

Okay is that seperate from the login i'm using? I'm logged into dCloud and it gives me that error.

Looks to be a local thing to my account. If I login with my companies login I pulls it up. My account gives the following:

The content you are trying to access has either been removed or you do not have the permission required to view it.

From the message looks like it's related to login. I think dCloud set view per login.

There are YANG related sandbox in DevNet but the site is undergoing maintenance until 4/23 06:59 UTC.

Per Cisco dCloud support. That Lab is a L2,L3,L4 content. My account is only L1.

If you can see it with another login then you can use that account to share the session with you account.

Share a Session | Help | Cisco dCloud

To use the dCloud sandbox, you need to be a registered Cisco customer.  The Vagrant sanbox is freely available.  See the details above.