cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rib_oper ignore default route in XR

Anton Abik
Level 4
Level 4

API: YDK-PY 0.5.5 with the prebuild XR models, ydk model: Cisco_IOS_XR_ip_rib_ipv4_oper, tested also with ncclient

Devices: XRv version 6.1.2, XR version 6.1.4, XR version 6.1.4 sp2

Routing table: 10.0.0.10 is not present, default route is present

Use case: Asking XR router via Netconf RIB operation model if 10.0.0.10 is present in the routing table. According to CLI with "show route 10.0.0.10" the default route should be returned.

Problem: Seems that router does not return default route match. For 6.1.2 version this works like expected and default route is returned. With the version 6.1.4 the default route is ignored and no data is returned. If I ask for route which is in the routing table explicitly (for example if 10.0.0.10 would be present), the route is returned correctly. This is tested with YDK-PY and also with the ncclient. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks a lot for any suggestion

In attachment: XR_614.txt displays routing with CLI and then result via YDK, XR_612.txt displays routing with the CLI and then result via YDK.

5 Replies 5

abhirame
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have forwarded your query to the responsible team and will get back to you soon

Kindly asking if there is any update Thanks

Sorry for the delay. I have resent your query to the team.

Anton Abik
Level 4
Level 4

I didnt test this on later versions, hopefully its fixed or there will be some SMU. This is what I got from TAC engineer:

Cisco have confirmed the symptom as mentioned in the case that there’s some issue with 6.1.4. Our lab has been replicated  and I am in the process of getting a DDTS created to track this from our end.

I don’t have an ETA at this point, but as soon as I have the bug submitted, I will have a better idea when this fix  will likely be completed. Will keep you posted weekly and feel free to email or call me if there’s any questions or concerns.

Sound good. It should be fixed soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: