cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use YDK to generate source stub for newly defined YANG model

YinBao29931
Level 1
Level 1

New to YDK and would like to get some help on how to use this package for the purpose I need: I have defined a new YANG model and would like to use YDK-gen for a couple of purposes:

1. Develop a sample pair of NETCONF server and client for experimenting purpose
  2. Generate stub code that supports the new YANG model and integrate into the sample NETCONF server and client

I have got the YDK-gen docker image and am able to generate the python distribution package for my YANG model, however not clear about how to proceed forward. Specifically, how can I easily use the generated code to bring up a NETCONF server and client to test them out? 

Looking at the YDK site It is not clear to me that whether the "Hello world" example at the YDK site is a sample NETCONF client? where is the server piece? Also confused about YDK-py: do I need that if I already have YDK-gen? 

I would appreciate a quick example of how to use the files generated from YDK-gen to build client and server side code. Thanks!

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: