Views
Helpful
Replies

ydg-gen: ios XE Module Installation failed

tgyger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

i'm trying to install the IOS-XE Module (pip install ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe) but iis ending up with an error "killed"... i'm able to install IETF or IOS-XR model packages, but no IOS-XE... no matter if i create them self with generate.py or download via pyPi.

Any idea??

output:

Collecting ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe
Requirement already satisfied: ydk>=0.7.3 in /home/my_project1/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe) (0.8.0)
Requirement already satisfied: ydk-models-ietf>=0.1.5-post2 in /home/my_project1/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe) (0.1.5.post2)
Requirement already satisfied: pybind11>=2.1.1 in /home/my_project1/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from ydk>=0.7.3->ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe) (2.2.4)
Installing collected packages: ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe
Killed

many thanks for your help!

1 Reply 1

ygorelik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi tgyger

I apologize for delayed response. I hope you have resolved the issue, because I could not reproduce it in my Ubuntu/Xenial + Python2.7 environment:

yan@ubuntu-yan:~/ydk-workspace/ydk-gen$ sudo pip install ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe

The directory '/home/yan/.cache/pip/http' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.

The directory '/home/yan/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.

Collecting ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe

Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/57/2e/495f5649a7298b542c55f87074c7608185d729743b9688b42258167ae0c8/ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe-16.9.1.tar.gz (10.5MB)

100% |████████████████████████████████| 10.5MB 130kB/s

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): ydk>=0.7.3 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): ydk-models-ietf>=0.1.5-post2 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): pybind11>=2.1.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from ydk>=0.7.3->ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe)

Installing collected packages: ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe

Running setup.py install for ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe ... done

Successfully installed ydk-models-cisco-ios-xe-16.9.1

You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 18.1 is available.

You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

yan@ubuntu-yan:~/ydk-workspace/ydk-gen$

Please let me know if you still experiencing the issue with details of your environment.

Thanks,

Yan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: