cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ydkgen.common.YdkGenException: Path to description file is not valid.

Anton Abik
Level 4
Level 4

Hello guys,

can you please help me fix the error? I am trying to generate Junos yang model with ydk-gen. Json profile (stored in ~/.virtualenvs/ydk-gen/ydk-gen/profiles/bundles$) is configured as follows:

{

"name":"junos",

"version":"0.1.1",

"ydk_version":"0.5.0",

"author":"Junos",

"copyright":"Junos",

"description":"YDK Junos Profile",

"models":{

"file" : [

"/profiles/bundles/yang/junos/configuration/configuration.yang"  

]

}

}

ls from ydk-gen directory:

(ydk-py) labuser@TFI-LAB-SERVER-MGMT-01:~/.virtualenvs//ydk-gen/ydk-gen$ ls profiles/bundles/yang/junos/configuration/

configuration.yang

ERROR when trying to generate ydk-py:

./generate.py --python --bundle profile/junos_profile.json

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "./generate.py", line 305, in <module>

'bundle').generate(options.bundle))

File "/home/labuser/.virtualenvs/ydk-gen/ydk-gen/ydkgen/__init__.py", line 87, in generate

return self._generate_bundle(description_file)

File "/home/labuser/.virtualenvs/ydk-gen/ydk-gen/ydkgen/__init__.py", line 105, in _generate_bundle

_check_description_file(profile_file)

File "/home/labuser/.virtualenvs/ydk-gen/ydk-gen/ydkgen/__init__.py", line 404, in _check_description_file

raise YdkGenException('Path to description file is not valid.')

ydkgen.common.YdkGenException: Path to description file is not valid.

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anton Abik
Level 4
Level 4

Ok I fixed this one. My json was located under ydk-gen/profiles/bundles/junos_profile.json but my command to generate api was ./generate.py --python --bundle profiles/junos_profile.json as is in the documentation. However I stored it exactly where other json profiles are (for example opencofig) and thats /profiles/bundles/ so the command should be:

./generate.py --python --bundle profiles/bundles/junos_profile.json

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anton Abik
Level 4
Level 4

Ok I fixed this one. My json was located under ydk-gen/profiles/bundles/junos_profile.json but my command to generate api was ./generate.py --python --bundle profiles/junos_profile.json as is in the documentation. However I stored it exactly where other json profiles are (for example opencofig) and thats /profiles/bundles/ so the command should be:

./generate.py --python --bundle profiles/bundles/junos_profile.json

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: