Views
Helpful
Replies

800 series routers support

nixumiddleeast
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new the Cisco world and have been trying to understand the IOS software and different versions.

I would like to programmatically access one of the cisco 880G series 4G LTE router to issue some commands.

Is this router can be use YANG Development kit ? 

I can understand that this router is IOS 15.X version but not IOS-XR!!! can I upgrade it to IOS-XR ( I hope I don't sound stupid ) ?

Are there any IOS-XR or NX-OS programmable 4G LTE routers ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

einarnn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Arun,

I'm afraid 880 series boxes will not run IOS-XR or NX-OS, and devices running IOS prior to IOS-XE 16.3.1 do not support NETCONF/YANG. They only support NETCONF 1.0, RFC 4741, and no YANG data models. AFAIK, the 880 series will not currently run IOS-XE 16.x.y.

I'm afraid that in terms of NETCONF/YANG, you are out of luck, and you need to stick with things like NETCONF 1.0 or WSMA.

Cheers,

Einar

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

einarnn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Arun,

I'm afraid 880 series boxes will not run IOS-XR or NX-OS, and devices running IOS prior to IOS-XE 16.3.1 do not support NETCONF/YANG. They only support NETCONF 1.0, RFC 4741, and no YANG data models. AFAIK, the 880 series will not currently run IOS-XE 16.x.y.

I'm afraid that in terms of NETCONF/YANG, you are out of luck, and you need to stick with things like NETCONF 1.0 or WSMA.

Cheers,

Einar