cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DAY-0 BOOTSTRAP CONFIGURATION FOR ISR VM HOSTED ON ENCS

allenvose
Level 1
Level 1

I've been able to successfully deploy various VMs via REST API on the NFVIS-based ENCS platform.  I've not however been able to deploy the VM with a bootstrapped configuration.  My python script appears as follows:

import requests

from requests.auth import HTTPBasicAuth

url = ('https://x.x.x.x/api/config/vm_lifecycle/tenants/tenant/admin/deployments')

headers = {'Content-type': 'application/vnd.yang.data+html', 'Accept': 'application/vnd.yang.data+html'}

content = open('dayzeroisr.cfg', 'rb').read()

config = requests.post(url, verify=False, auth=HTTPBasicAuth('user','password'), headers=headers, data=content)

print config.content

================================

The dayzeroisr.cfg file from which this python script reads, has all of the appropriate html tags with a section called <data>, which has a cut-n-pasted configuration from a working ISR.  When the Python script is run, it successfully deploys the VM onto the ENCS platform, however the VM doesn't boot with the configuration specified between the <data></data> tags.

Has anyone successfully gotten this feature to work?  Please assist!

4 Replies 4

saalvare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Posted in wrong community?

Question was never answered.

Note the following:

When creating a VM package to include QCOW2 image and supporting files, there is the option to include a configuration file, with tagged variables seeding the configuration.  That particular configuration file (named bootstrap-config or day0-config) should be referenced as an API feeds the variables for each deployment.

I've not been able to get this to successfully work.  Does anyone at all have a working model with instructions?  It's important as I'm in a competition for NFV capabilities with other vendors.

Sorry, I don't know the answer. This community is meant for discussion about YDK.

As Santiago and Abhi point out, you're probably in the wrong community, as this seems unrelated to the YANG Developer Kit.

However, since you seem to be automating ENFV, did you look at the following solutions?

* DNA Center: www.cisco.com/go/enfv

Video Link : 16676

* Virtual Managed Services (VMS) - Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: