Views
Helpful
Replies

Device setting questions in YANG suite

Tony_maro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed YANG suite on my VirtualBox which is based on Ubuntu 18.04.

I followed the steps in the demo video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrhjL5Ayz0), but encountered an error at the step of device setting.

When I tried to check connectivity of device, it showed the error "Negotiation failed: Error reading SSH protocol banner" as the image below.

2021-06-04_110518.png

Does anyone know why this error occurred?

Besides, I would like to know that YANG suite can only communicate with cisco devices or any device that supports NETCONF?

Because when I use some NETCONF server simulators, it always shows error "Could not open socket to (ip):830" after checking device connectivity.

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I do not know where this sandbox or device is located. The assumption is that you have a Cisco device with an image that supports YANG interfaces.

The Cisco EULA license states that you can only use this software in Cisco devices.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

miott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi miott,

After reading the FAQ, there are 2 more questions I want to know:

1. The device whose URL is "Sandbox-iosxe-latest-1.cisco.com" in the demo video is built by themselves or not?

2. YANG suite can only communicate with cisco devices or any device that supports NETCONF?

I do not know where this sandbox or device is located. The assumption is that you have a Cisco device with an image that supports YANG interfaces.

The Cisco EULA license states that you can only use this software in Cisco devices.

Hi miott,

Thanks for giving all these replies.

But how can I verify YANG suite without physical Cisco devices?

Have you looked into the sandbox?
https://developer.cisco.com/site/sandbox/

I am studying that recently.

If sandbox is a method of verifying YANG suite, I think it is a good way to try, thanks a lot!