cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Libydk for Alpine Image

atarlov
Level 1
Level 1

For container-based applications it is a way better to use a minimalized OS like alpine.

Is it planned Alpine Image to be supported as well ? or are there any instructions how to build the core in an alpine image 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am sure you can install the YDK core on Alpine image using Building from source method. Obviously the third party software dependencies should be installed manually as package manager commands in Alpine are different from Ubuntu. I believe such task has been successfully accomplished in Cisco. Please see this discussion for details, and try to contact the submitter of that discussion for further assistance.

I am not planning to add support for Alpine due to lack of resources in my company. Should you find such resources for this project, I will be happy to help you and your company.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am sure you can install the YDK core on Alpine image using Building from source method. Obviously the third party software dependencies should be installed manually as package manager commands in Alpine are different from Ubuntu. I believe such task has been successfully accomplished in Cisco. Please see this discussion for details, and try to contact the submitter of that discussion for further assistance.

I am not planning to add support for Alpine due to lack of resources in my company. Should you find such resources for this project, I will be happy to help you and your company.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions