cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

model driven telemetry not working for particular xpath mroute-oper

g.arjuna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys we are trying to ship data from an ios xe device to telegraf collector. Platform Cat 9k running 17.6.3

Simple filter paths like cpu utlisation / ip-sla oper data models work without any issues.

We are also trying to ship ip mroute operational data for a particular S,G inside a vrf for a business use case. This data is not being shipped to the telegraf.

the xpath filter we are using is  /mroute-ios-xe-oper:mroute-oper-data/mroute-state[vrf=\"xxxx\"][af=\"mroute-af-ipv4\"][source=\"xxxx\"][group=\"xxxx\"]/hw-kbits-per-second

Have anyone had success with the mroute-ios-xe-oper data model.?

The xpath filter says it is valid. and all mandatory leaf parameters have been given . The receiver shows connected in the validation command. Can anyone help?Thanks.

btw i validated the xpath using netconf get request for the particular model through yang-suite and i am getting perfect replies from the device.

@bigevilbeardcan you kindly help or point me towards someone?

3 Replies 3

miott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your Xpath contains keys vrf, af, source, and group.  Yangsuite supports adding keys to the Xpath and builds the correct RPC to send to the device.  The rpc-reply from the device gives you the correct values based on the specific RPC sent.  For telemetry, I do not think the device supports keys and prefixes in the Xpath filter.  You would have to use /mroute-oper-data/mroute-stat/hw-kbits-per-second and then filter out the results in the collector based on vrf, af, source, and group.

Thanks for the reply. the suggested xpath would definitely work but would send a huge stream of data to the receiver. I have been using keys as part of xpath in my other use cases such as ip sla etc where i would ship the metric of a particular oper id . But shipping the mroute statistics for all vrf and all sources would become a headache to manage at the collecter end. i am still working on a solution to ship only the metrics of source and group for a particular vrf

If the telemetry path configurations you setup on the device support xpath keys for ip-sla, the mroute xpaths must be the issue.  I suspect they had not added telemetry support for those by 17.6.3.  If possible, try it out on a later release.  Might be documented somewhere also.