Views
Helpful
Replies

Need info on gRPC related CRUD and Codec services

tchittam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team ,

We are trying to automate gRPC related libraries , could you kindly help understand if there are gRPC CRUD and Codec services which we can leverage for our Automation. Currently I am able to find CRUD and Codec services for ydk but not for gRPC.

pip list output of ydk we are using in our Infra:

ydk 0.5.5a0
ydk-models-cisco-ios-xr 6.5.1
ydk-models-cisco-thinxr-install 6.5.1
ydk-models-ietf 0.1.5.post2
ydk-models-openconfig 0.1.2

Also if the services are available could you kindly help understand what are the dependencies and versions we would need to get these into the infra.

Thanks in advance for your time and inputs.

Thanks,

Thejaswi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are hundreds of gNMI and CRUD services samples at this site.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ygorelik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Thejaswi

The YDK employs gRPC for gNMI Services, based on Protobuf 0.4.0. It also includes CRUD operations using gNMI Service Provider. The Codec Service provides translation from Entity objects to JSON or XML encoded string and backwards. We have tons of sample-like applications, which you can use as pieces for your application, or just consider as live examples for demonstration of gNMI Service capabilities.

If this functionality can be useful for your application, you can start looking at gNMI service requirements and installation.

The last official YDK version, which supports above functionality, is 0.8.3.

Yan

Hi Yan ,

Thanks for the information. So you mean we can use the same gNMI object for gRPC as well and also CRUD services helps in converting to json ?

Let me go through the links shared and get back in case of any further queries.

Thanks,

Thejaswi

You can use CodecService and JsonSubtreeCodec to do translation from entity object to JSON string and backwards.

The gRPC building is limited to API provided by gNMISession. There is no external control on how the gRPCs are built. Id you need that, you can download the ydk-gen from GitHub and expand API to the level you need.

Thanks Yan ,

My understanding from your inputs is there is no specific services available for gRPC , but we can try to leverage gNMI services and make conversions to json using the CodecService and JsonSubtreeCodec services.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Could you please help sharing gRPC also.

Thanks,

Thejaswi

Hi Thejaswi

Your understanding is correct.

I did not get though your last question: "Could you please help sharing gRPC also". Could you please elaborate, what specifically you are looking for.

Regards,

Yan

Hi Yan ,

Apologies for the delay in response. Was looking for sample APIs for gRPC also.

Thanks,

Thejaswi

There are hundreds of gNMI and CRUD services samples at this site.

Hi Yan ,

Thanks for the info shared , closing this query.

Thanks,

Thejaswi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: