Thank you for your reply. I did check that link, and it looks interesting, but it did not necessarily address my issue.
I did eventually figure it out with a combination of Operational and Configuration Models, using the Operational Model to query which ports are "operationally up", then using the Config Model to affect changes to those ports.
Moving forward with any Netconf scripts used for Cisco device Interfaces, it looks like part of the script will be to gather and parse the Interface information, as the Cisco devices only report "GigabitEthernet1/0/1", not "GigabitEthernet" + "1/0/1" as separate data points.
That being said, once that function is written, it's either just a cut-and-paste or a refactor into a Module.